Free-agent quarterback Drew Brees has agreed to play for the New Orleans Saints, according to The Times-Picayune and WWL-TV, both of which cited unidentified sources in their reports.
Brees spent the last five seasons with the San Diego Chargers but reached a stalemate with them on a new contract. He had been in negotiations with the Saints and the Miami Dolphins. Terms of the new agreement were not available.
Assuming this goes through and combined with the Dolphins’ trade for Daunte Culpepper, the number of potential franchise caliber free agent quarterbacks on the market is now zero. Everyone else needing a new QB will have to try their luck in the draft or bring in the likes of Kerry Collins, John Kitna, or Patrick Ramsey and hope for the best.
- QB Chain Reaction: Kitna Signs with Lions
- Vikings Trade Culpepper to Dolphins
- NFL QB Daunte Culpepper announces his retirement
- Miami Dolphins Release Daunte Culpepper
- QB Daunte Culpepper signs with the Oakland Raiders
- Daunte Culpepper injures non-throwing hand in Automobile accident
- Are the Miami Dolphins about to cut Daunte Culpepper?
- New Orleans Saints sign veteran QB Joey Harrington
- Marcus Vick Signs with Dolphins as Slash
- Reeves: Cowboys Should Make Play for Culpepper
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed