The Steelers aren’t the only team to have a Spanish website – Dallas, for example, has a Spanish version of their news site. However, they are showing it prominently on their front page, which no other team seems to be doing right now. Western Pennsylvania does not have many Spanish speaking people, so this request must be coming from fans elsewhere. Dallas may be America’s Team (couldn’t help that one, James!), but the Steelers are making a move to become the World’s Team. I do expect to see more of this as the NFL’s influence continues to creep south of the Mexican border.
Cross posted over at The Unusual Suspects. You know, that place on the wrong side of the tracks (but still outside the beltway).
- Ukraine Arrests Belarus Rowers
- Mexico, The Most Popular Team In America
- Stealing Strange Steelers Stuff
- Where There’s Smoke, There is Fire – Steelers hire Tomlin as new Head Coach
- How dumb is Sports Illustrated?
- Steelers Re-sign Townsend
- Opening Week Overreaction
- Another doomed horse racing track- Vernon Downs
- Steelers Add Throwback Unis and Mascott for 75th
- Phil Mickelson undergoes a gender change
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed