Vice President Dick Cheney got booed after a weak first pitch at the Nats’ home opener.
For that, Vice President Cheney received a round of boos from the home crowd this afternoon. But the catcalls didn’t last long before the fans cheered for the Nationals, who took the field in their white uniforms with red trim against the New York Mets.
My guess is someone is getting fired over this. I nominate this woman:
“This is our team,” declared Lynette Jackson, 50, of D.C., who called in sick to her job with the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services so she could attend the game with her family. “I called in to ask for leave and didn’t tell them why.”
Hint: If you’re going to play hookey from work, don’t announce it in the town’s biggest newspaper.
- Washington Nationals GM Jim Bowden resigns
- Mets’ Angel Pagan Hits Inside The Park HR, Turns Triple Play, In The Same Game
- 12-year-old girl throws Little League perfect game
- New York Mets and Florida Marlins to play 3 games in Puerto Rico
- Cleveland Indians name Manny Acta to be manager
- Penalty shot
- Keith Jackson to Retire. Again.
- Pacers’ Jackson fires gun at strip club
- Washington Nationals Wear Virginia Tech Baseball Caps
- Stephen Strasburg Impresses In Major League Debut
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed