The Cardinals can’t pass on Leinart. They’d be getting a top 3 player in the 10th slot. Denny Green is no idiot.
ESPN has Matt Leinart on the phone. That’s a good sign. Time to end his agony.
The bad news is that Leinart stayed in school, didn’t get a second Heisman or a third national championship, and fell nine spots in the draft. The good news, though, is that he’s going to a well run team and a smart head coach.
This draft is humming along fast. The last couple years, it seemed like all the teams took every second they had available. We’ve gone through ten guys in 97 minutes.
Leinart is putting a positive spin on things with Susie Kolber. There are indeed worse things that can happen than being picked later in the 1st round than one had expected.
- Matt Leinart Signs with Cardinals
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #8 – Buffalo Bills – S Donte Whitner
- Draft Wisdom from Rick Gosselin
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #7 – Oakland Raiders – DB Michael Huff
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #6 – San Francisco 49ers – TE Vernon Davis
- Arizona Cardinals release QB Matt Leinart
- Alabama Shut Out in Draft?
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #11 – Denver Broncos (from Rams) – QB Jay Cutler
- Kurt Warner May Retire after Season
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #5 – Green Bay Packers – LB A.J. Hawk
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed