St. Louis Rams on the clock. The pre-draft buzz is that they want Jay Cutler. I don’t get it, since they seem to have a solid QB situation. Granted, Mark Bolger was hurt last year. But he’s a young guy who should heal nicely. I could see taking a QB if Leinart or Young were still on the clock. But a guy from Vandy? No way.
But the Denver Broncos can. They made a trade and moved up to get him. No word yet on what they gave up to move up from #15.
Ron Jawarski says Cutler got lucky going to the Broncos. Certainly, he’s in a better spot than Vince Young teamwise and one would think the Broncos are better than the Cardinals, who took Matt Leinart one spot earlier. In any case, it’s certainly better than anyone could have expected for a guy whose best option out of high school was Vanderbilt–a great school academically but easily the weakest football school in the terrific Southeastern Conference.
Boomer says the Broncos gave up the 68th overall pick, San Francisco’s 3rd rounder, to trade up. That’s a good move for both teams, methinks. The Rams don’t need a QB and the Broncos still have a 3rd of their own.
- Matt Leinart Signs with Cardinals
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #7 – Oakland Raiders – DB Michael Huff
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #8 – Buffalo Bills – S Donte Whitner
- Plummer’s Job Security Takes Another Big Hit!
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #10 – Arizona Cardinals – QB Matt Leinart
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #15 – St. Louis Rams (from Broncos) – CB Tye Hill
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #25 – Pittsburgh Steelers (from Giants) – WR Santonio Holmes
- Dallas – Cleveland Draft Day Trade – Round 2
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #4 – New York Jets – OT Dâ€™Brickashaw Ferguson
- Kurt Warner May Be Benched for Matt Leinart
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed