The 49ers are in a bizarre position. They drafted first overall last year. Had he been available, they’d have signed Matt Leinart two weeks before the draft to a ten year deal (I exaggerate only slightly). But Leinart wasn’t available and they took Alex Smith.
Obviously, the ’9ers would love to trade down a bit. If not, do they take the best tight end to come out in several years?
Pick: They do. It’s Vernon Davis.
It should be noted that Goose is currently 6 for 6 in his mock draft.
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #7 – Oakland Raiders – DB Michael Huff
- Matt Leinart Signs with Cardinals
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #8 – Buffalo Bills – S Donte Whitner
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #10 – Arizona Cardinals – QB Matt Leinart
- 2006 Draft Preview
- Team Grades for 2006 NFL Draft
- No punch- San Francisco beats St. Louis 28-6
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #28 – Jacksonville Jaguars – TE Marcedes Lewis
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #14 – Philadelphia Eagles – DT Brodrick Bunkley
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #18 – Dallas Cowboys – OLB Bobby Carpenter
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed