The Raiders are on the clock. Leinart would, again, be a huge gift. He is consistently compared to Kenny Stabler, the Raiders’ 1970s great. The pre-draft buzz, though, is that they wanted Young and were not so keen on Leinart.
The mock drafts have them taking Texas safety/corner Michael Huff. My guess is that’s what they do. Were I in their spot, though, I’d be calling Leinart’s number. Not only is quarterback more important than safety, but Leinart is a better player. And, by the way, he played in Southern Cal.
The pick: Huff.
Goose is now 7 for 7.
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #8 – Buffalo Bills – S Donte Whitner
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #10 – Arizona Cardinals – QB Matt Leinart
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #6 – San Francisco 49ers – TE Vernon Davis
- Matt Leinart Signs with Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals release QB Matt Leinart
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #4 – New York Jets – OT Dâ€™Brickashaw Ferguson
- 2006 Draft Preview
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #11 – Denver Broncos (from Rams) – QB Jay Cutler
- Leinart Impressive, Grossman Not in 3rd Preseason Game
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #14 – Philadelphia Eagles – DT Brodrick Bunkley
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed