LOS ANGELES – Southern California freshman point guard Ryan Francis was shot and killed early Saturday while riding in a car in Louisiana, where he was visiting his mother.
The 19-year-old Francis was killed about 3:30 a.m. in Baton Rouge, said Tim Tessalone, USC’s director of sports information.
“We understand he was in a car and somebody shot into the car,” Tessalone said.
Francis was USC’s starting point guard and averaged more than seven points a game.
“We’re all devastated,” said USC coach Tim Floyd. “We’ve lost a special young man who in his short time at USC made an impression that will last forever.”
- Chicago Bulls take Derrick Rose with No. 1 pick in NBA draft
- Vancouver Canuck Daniel Sedin to miss 4-6 weeks with broken foot
- NBA Iron man Randy Smith dead at age 60
- Five Duquesne Basketball Players Shot
- Former NBA Player Dennis Johnson dead at 52
- Who called the timeout?- NY Knicks beat New Orleans 113-96
- Broncos CB Darrent Williams Killed in Drive-By
- Weekly Miami Dolphins Prediction
- Ford Traded for Villanueva
- USC And The New OJ
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed