The Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel is reporting the following
Bush, who spends his Sundays each fall watching pro football, acknowledged Tuesday that the NFL job was broached during a recent meeting with Patrick Rooney Sr., owner of the Palm Beach Kennel Club.
Rooney is the brother of Dan Rooney, who owns the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and co-chairs the NFL’s search committee looking for a replacement for Commissioner Paul Tagliabue.
“I met with Mr. Rooney and I said I’m doing my job until I’m finished and then I’m going to consider other things. But I’m not going to do anything until I finish,” Bush, who leaves office in January, told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Although he has repeatedly said he will not seek the presidency in 2008, Bush has declined to say what he does hope to do other than return to Miami.
Patrick Rooney Sr. did not return calls and was out of the country Tuesday.
While I see this as more likely than Jeb Bush running for President, I’m betting nothing comes of it.
- Roger Goodell Elected NFL Commissioner
- Tagliabue May Retire
- Gumbel Says Upshaw Incompetent, Tagliabue’s Pet
- NFL Reaches Tentative Labor Settlement
- Condi Rice to Pass on NFL Commissioner For Now
- Reggie Bush Wears #5 Jersey for Trading Card Photo
- NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue Announces Retirement
- Saints Set Season Ticket Sales Record
- Tagliabue: Now or Never
- Danica Patrick Doesn’t Win Indy 500
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed