The 2006 Indy 500 is over. Danica Patrick did not win. Mario Andretti’s grandson finished second and some guy I’ve never heard of won.
Unlike golf reporters, who at least have the sense to tell us where Tiger Woods finished when he doesn’t win an event, the story does not mention where Patrick finished. She placed 4th last year.
Update: She finished 8th. Not a bad first two Indy 500′s. Incidentally, the winner was Sam Hornish, Jr., who was the 2001 and 2002 IRL champion. That I’ve never heard of him says something about how far this sport has fallen from its heyday. There’s not a pre-1996 CART Champion whose name I’m unfamiliar with; most are household names.
- Danica Patrick the Next Anna Kournikova?
- Danica Patrick makes IndyCar history by winning Japan 300
- Danica Patrick Moving to NASCAR?
- Nascar champ Jimmie Johnson breaks left wrist
- IRL Driver Paul Dana Dies After Crash
- Bobcat meet golfcart, Golfcart meet bobcat
- Not so fast- Felipe Massa declared winner of Belgian GP after Lewis Hamilton penalized
- Houston Cougar WR fractures leg after running into cart
- What if NFL Used the BCS Model?
- Could Florida Governor Jeb Bush be the next NFL Commissioner?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed