The Rams have signed Morehouse running back sensation John David Washington, who surprisingly went undrafted.
Never heard of him? You might have heard of his dad:
Signing the son of actor Denzel Washington on Monday ensured the St. Louis Rams of making a splash the day after the NFL draft ended. John David Washington, a 5-foot-10, 200-pound running back was among 10 undrafted players signed by the Rams. He played for Division II Morehouse College last year. “This is all a good story,” Rams coach Scott Linehan said. “I hope he’s a good running back.”
Washington had a school-record 1,198 yards with a 5.6-yard average and nine touchdowns, and added 10 receptions for 69 yards is senior year. He also ended his career as the school’s single-game (242 yards) and career (3,699) leading rusher. Washington led the conference in rushing last season, and was named national player of the week by D2Football.com last season.
Linehan said he didn’t know about Washington’s famous father until after the Rams became interested in him. Coincidentally, Linehan’s brother-in-law, actor Jim Caviezel, who portrayed Jesus in The Passion of the Christ, just finished a movie with Denzel Washington that is scheduled to come out in about a year.
I’d close with a clever line from “Remember the Titans” if I could remember any. It was a good flick, though.
- Rams bench QB Marc Bulger for Trent Green
- St. Louis Rams fire coach Scott Linehan
- Isaac Bruce Stays Ram After All
- Former NFL MVP Merlin Olsen dead at 69
- Former Miami Dolphin QB Trent Green signs with Rams
- Dallas Cowboys 2007 Undrafted Free Agent Signings
- Veteran NFL Quarterback Trent Green announces his retirement
- Rams Sign Stephen Davis to 1 Year, $850K Deal
- Cowboys Sign WR Danny Amendola
- No punch- San Francisco beats St. Louis 28-6
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed