We had been lacking in any Steeler news for weeks . . . but when it rains, it pours.
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Larry Foote has asked a Michigan court to award him custody of a 10-year-old son he says he did not know existed until nearly two years ago.
Foote, 26, who has homes in Pittsburgh and the Detroit suburb of West Bloomfield Township, made his request in a recent filing in Oakland County Circuit Court. A hearing is scheduled for July 5 before Judge Cheryl Matthews.
Trey-Veion’s mother, Khalila Shanese Hammond of Inkster, said she was surprised when she received the filing. She said she appreciates Foote’s actions on behalf of their son but says the boy is homesick and should not stay with Foote full-time.
“It’s not going to happen,” Hammond said. “I’m going to fight him.”
Strange story, really. But most of the stories coming out of Pittsburgh these days are strange. I’m not sure what to make of all of this, seeing as how the Steelers have remained largely trouble free until this year. At least Foote isn’t getting arrested, like some other Steelers teammates.
- Stealing Strange Steelers Stuff
- Steelers First Round Pick Facing Possible Suspension
- Where There’s Smoke, There is Fire – Steelers hire Tomlin as new Head Coach
- Pittsburgh Steeler DE Aaron Smith out for the season
- Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Sorry for Raunchy E-Mail
- Steelers’ Heinz Ward brings Amerasians to US
- Big Ben: “If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet.”
- Pirates Reach Historic Lows
- Steelers Add Throwback Unis and Mascott for 75th
- Steelers Sign New Contract With Parker
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed