This is an NHL game I might go to.
“The House that Ruth Built” may be used to stage a hockey event.
Newsday reported on Wednesday that the NHL is looking at the possibility of having the New York Rangers play the New York Islanders in a regular season game at Yankee Stadium.
I love this idea. Playing a pro ice hockey game outdoors would add an interest angle to it, and its not like the temperature inside an NHL arena is warm enough to justify always having it inside. It would be only the second NHL game played outside, and holding it at a historic sports shrine like Yankee Stadium would be a great publicity boost for the game.
- Swan Song- Yankee Stadium to host the 2008 All-Star game
- Ground broke on new Yankee Stadium
- 2008 MLB All-Star Game to be farewell to Yankee Stadium
- US Hockey Hall of Fame Closes
- ‘Old’ Yankee Stadium to host 2008 All-Star Game
- Cowboys New Stadium to Pay Homage to Old One
- New York/New Jersey Making Bid For 2014 Super Bowl
- Yankees sweep Arizona – winning streak at nine
- Kei Igawa, Randy Johnson, and the Yanks newest prospects
- Sports Stadium Names Grab Really Big Bucks
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed