Michelle Wie’s attempt at qualifying for the men’s U.S. Open fell short:
Three consecutive bogeys sent her to a three-over 75 and into the middle of the qualifying pack at Summit, New Jersey today (AEST).
Wie opened with a 68 on the easier South course, and still had a chance to get one of 18 spots available to the 153-player field at Canoe Brook when she strode confidently to the back nine.
Needing at least one birdie to have a chance, her inability to master the greens finally caught up with her.
She finished at one-over 143 and ultimately didn’t come close.
The girl’s only 16. She’ll make it one of these years.
“Michelle’s US Open Bid Fails”
[Cross-posted to The American Mind.]
- Michelle Wie half way to Qualifying for Men’s US Open
- Move over Michelle Wie?
- Rough Day for Morgan Pressel
- Michelle Wie is back but is her golf game?
- Move over Michelle Wie Part Three
- The Invincible One(?)
- Dustin Johnson wins his second consecutive Pebble Beach National Pro-Am
- Michelle Wie won’t play at Sony Open
- Michelle Wie, Stacy Lewis advance at LPGA Qualifying School
- No brainer- Michelle Wie invited to play at the Kraft Nabisco Championship
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed