After reports of Ben Roethlisberger flying off his motorcycle and landing on his face I feared a long recovery for the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback. That doesn’t look like that will be the case:
Doctors did not discuss Roethlisberger’s condition in detail, at the request of his family, but the quarterback’s only major injuries were to his face: a broken upper and lower jaw, a loss of two teeth, a broken nose, broken facial bones and various cuts and bruises.
Jaw injuries can vary greatly in nature and, because of the rather limited protection provided by a football helmet, have the potential to sideline a player for a lengthy period. But the surgeons who operated on Roethlisberger for seven hours Monday said all of his fractures were successfully repaired.
Roethlisberger suffered a concussion but nothing more serious. He could be ready for the Steelers’ opener Sep. 7.
His pockets must have been stuffed with four-leaf clovers and rabbits feet. He’s a lucky man.
- Oh Crap – Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident
- Roethlisberger Fined for Motorcycling Without a License
- Big Ben Not Ready to Talk
- Roethlisberger Medically Cleared to Play: Polamalu Questionable
- Roethlisberger told he was close to dying
- Injured QBs Soon Forgotten
- Big Ben: “If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet.”
- Big Ben Injury Update
- Roethlisberger to miss season opener due to appendectomy
- JJ Redick Arrested for DUI
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed