From the Palm Beach Post
CORAL GABLES â€” University of Miami football player Willie Cooper was shot in the buttocks this morning in South Miami, according to a police spokeswoman.
Cooper was “up and walking around by the time police arrived,” said South Miami police spokeswoman Susan Rothstein.
Police were at the scene investigating the incident this morning, and Rothstein could provide no further details.
Cooper, a 6-foot-1, 200-pound linebacker from St. Augustine, played 12 games for the Hurricanes last season and saw action primarily on special teams.
UM spokesman Rick Korch said school officials were aware of the situation but had no further comment.
Somehow I don’t see Tom Hanks portraying Mr. Cooper.
- Miami DL Bryan Pata Murdered After Practice
- Univ. of Miami to fans- Don’t take any Orange Bowl Souvenirs
- Randy Shannon New Miami Head Coach
- Hard to believe- Philadelphia routs Carolina 6-1
- Pat Riley to return after all-star break?
- Former NFL Player Mosi Tatupu dead at 54
- Divison II School’s Pitchers throw back to back no-hitters
- Florida Marlin Pitcher Dontrelle Willis arrested for DUI
- Two NFL players missing after boating trip
- Slow speed chase- Miami Heat’s Carlos Arroyo arrested after traffic violation
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed