SWARTZ CREEK, Mich. – A woman placed a 10-cent bet at a Michigan horse track and won $21,584, a track official says. The Michigan woman, whose name was not released, made the bet Friday at Sports Creek Raceway in Swartz Creek, about 55 miles northwest of Detroit.
She placed two 10-cent Superfecta bets on a race being simulcast from the Hollywood Park track in Inglewood, Calif. The Superfecta requires gamblers to pick the four top-finishing horses in correct order.
When I was single, I used to attend the races frequently. Often with my father who owned race horses. I was a $2 a race bettor.(Being a serviceman, I was never flush with cash to bet) That way you lost little or as it goes only won a little. Having grown up following harness horse racing, I knew how to read a race program and handicap a race.
The best I ever came out ahead for one night was about $150. I hit a $2 Quinella(Pick the top two horses in one race, not necessarily in order) for approximately $115.
I’m guessing the woman in the story played a house or phone number, lucky numbers or something like that. A ten cent bet to me marks an amateur. Who knows or cares for she hit the jackpot.
- Race-fixing claims investigated at 3 Michigan horse tracks
- Was there race fixing at Hazel Park?
- Meadowlands bettors to get more handicapping info
- Calder Race Course postpones two upcoming stakes races
- Adios stakes race probably moving to Pocono Downs for 2008
- Rosecroft Raceway ceases operations
- Rachel Alexandra wins the Preakness Stakes
- From Relief pitcher to Horse trainer
- Trotter, Pacer, what’s the difference?
- Another doomed horse racing track- Vernon Downs
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed