Todd Archer has them:
Rob Petitti started 16 games last year at right tackle as a rookie, playing every offensive snap, but the Cowboys waived Petitti Saturday, leaving Jason Fabini as the backup offensive tackle.
The other surprise move was the cutting of linebacker Rocky Boiman, who received a $1 million signing bonus. Boiman was impressive in training camp practices and came back quicky from a compound fracture to his right thumb.
Here are the other cuts: QB Matt Baker, OL D’Anthony Batiste, WR Damarius Bilbo, DE Stephen Bowen, WR Terrance Copper, TE Tony Curtis, LB Junior Glymph, WR Skyler Green, RB Keylon Kincade, S Willie Pile, OT Dennis Roland, C Matt Tarullo, NT Montavious Stanley. S Marcus Coleman will be placed on the suspended list by the NFL and miss the first four games.
I’m truly surprised to see Petitti and Copper go, although there is a lot of talent at both positions. I’m not thrilled about having to keep a second placekicker (last year’s mediocrity Sean Suisham in addition to expensive free agent acquistition Mike Vanderjagt) but it was probably inevitable given the latter’s injury situation and missing of two “easy” kicks in the final preseason game.
UPDATE: What’s funny is that Mosley’s DMN blog has this news and yet the Cowboys’ official site has nothing 45 minutes later. They’re running a good site–Mickey Spagnola, especially, provides good insights–but they’re a little on the slow side to provide updates.
The blog format is working well for the DMN. It’s clearly a lot easier to update the blog(s) in real time than to load stories onto the main sports site and rearrange the content accordingly. This is the first truly effective use of blogging I’ve seen in a mainstream media outlet.
- Cowboys Cutting Quality Players
- Saints Grab Two More Ex-Cowboys
- Dallas Cowboys sign LB Rocky Boiman
- Cowboys Sign TE Hannam, Close with OT Fabini
- Colts Sign Boiman and Schobel
- Cowboys Could be Interested in Jets Cap Casualties
- Cowboys Give Up on Drew Henson
- Cowboys Cut Mike Vanderjagt
- Drew Henson a Colt?
- Cowboys Sign Tackle Jason Fabini
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed