Roethlisberger will sit out the NFL’s showcase Thursday night game against Miami after having an appendectomy Sunday, not long after reporting for practice with stomach pains and nausea.
“The surgery went well,” coach Bill Cowher said. “He is obviously going to be out this week and we will go week to week from there.”
The operation was the third in less than a year for the 24-year-old Roethlisberger, who is off to one of the best career starts of any quarterback in NFL history. He was in the operating room for seven hours following his scary motorcycle accident on June 12, mostly to repair facial damage, and had arthroscopic knee surgery midway through last season.
Charlie Batch, a former Lions starter who was 2-0 as a fill-in for Roethlisberger last season, will start against the Dolphins.
The Dolphins just got a break for Thursday’s game, but not in a way I’d prefer or like. Get well Ben and I hope you’ll be back playing soon.
- Roethlisberger told he was close to dying
- Oh Crap – Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident
- Roethlisberger Fined for Motorcycling Without a License
- Big Ben Not Ready to Talk
- Roethlisberger May Be Ready for Season Opener
- Roethlisberger Has Short Memory
- Big Ben: “If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet.”
- T.O. Having Second Surgery on Finger
- Big Ben Injury Update
- My weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed