The Cowboys now have just one kicker: Mike Vanderjagt.
The Cowboys released kicker Shaun Suisham on Thursday.
“Itâ€™s not a good feeling,â€ Suisham said. “I donâ€™t know if it was because of last week or just a roster move. Hopefully things will work out and I could come back.â€
In three games this season, Suisham was the kickoff specialist with five of his 15 kickoffs in the end zone, and four of those kicks resulting in touchbacks. Suisham made one of two field-goal attempts this season. He made a 32-yard kick and missed a 36-yard try in the Cowboysâ€™ 24-17 season-opening loss at Jacksonville. He was inactive for the game against Tennessee.
In two seasons with the Cowboys, Suisham made four of six field-goal attempts with a long of 32.
Mike Vanderjagt will handle field goals and kickoffs against Houston.
I’m a little surprised given that Vanderjagt hasn’t been very good on the kickofs but, really, it’s hard to justify keeping a guy on the roster–and thus another guy off–just for the five or six kickoffs a game. It didn’t help that Suisham was pretty mediocre in limited duty.
What’s odd to me is that punter Mat Briar can’t be taught to handle the kickoff duties (with perhaps Vanderjagt handling pooches and onside kick attempts). He’s certainly got the leg.
- Dallas Cowboys Kicking Woes Continue
- Cowboys Gain Instant Confidence In Gramatica
- Vanderjagt Kicks 50-Yarder in Cowboys Debut
- Cowboys Sign Mike Vanderjagt, Idiot, Liquored Up Kicker
- Cowboys Cut Mike Vanderjagt
- Falcons’ Michael Koenen First Triple Threat Kicker Since ’82
- Dallas Cowboys Draft Kicker Nick Folk
- LeBreton: Vanderjagt More Important Signing than T.O.
- Mike Vanderjagt, Idiot Kicker, Key to Cowboys’ Hopes
- Atlanta Falcons release kicker Jason Elam
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed