From today’s Sun-Sentinel-
DAVIE — Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper missed a portion of Thursday’s practice with a sore right shoulder, though the team has listed him as “probable” for Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots.
The official definition of “probable” in NFL jargon is that there’s a “virtual certainty that the player will be available for normal duty.”
Backup quarterback Joey Harrington, who was acquired in the offseason as an insurance policy in case Culpepper’s surgically repaired knee wasn’t sufficiently healed to start the season, took the bulk of the practice snaps with the first team.
Dolphins coach Nick Saban, who reveals as little information about injured players as possible to avoid tipping off the opposition, neglected to mention at his media session Thursday afternoon that Culpepper missed some practice time.
Reached Thursday night, though, Saban said, “The guy had a sore shoulder [Wednesday] in practice. So when he came in today, I asked him how he felt, and we thought maybe not throwing it as much would be helpful to him So we decided to minimize his reps.”
Culpepper was not available for comment.
Saban said the shoulder started bothering Culpepper during a game against the Buffalo Bills on Sept. 17.
First a bum knee and now a bum arm,(Which may have something to do with the former. In Baseball many pitchers have hurt their arms because of changes in their throwing due to leg, knee or hip problems. Why would football be any different with QBs?) and a 1-3 record makes Miami look increasingly foolish with every passing day for having traded a 2nd round pick to get Culpepper. I didn’t like the trade from the get go. Now the question for the 2006 Dolphins has become-
Will this team better their 4-12 mark of 2004? Based on how the team is playing at present, I wouldn’t count on it.
- Harrington Lions Starter, Culpepper Benched Indefinitely
- Daunte Culpepper placed on Injured Reserve
- Daunte Culpepper’s surgery may end season
- NFL QB Daunte Culpepper announces his retirement
- Miami Dolphins Release Daunte Culpepper
- Another Miami Dolphin Bust?
- Daunte Culpepper injures non-throwing hand in Automobile accident
- Vikings Trade Culpepper to Dolphins
- QB Daunte Culpepper signs with the Oakland Raiders
- Eight Million Dollar mistake- Cincinnati Bengals cut WR Antonio Bryant
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed