The Lions will be without the services of their best player the next four games.
Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers will be suspended for four games by the NFL for taking a banned, over-the-counter substance, an official within the league told The Associated Press on Tuesday night. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the NFL is expected to announce the suspension Wednesday. “We have no comment,” Lions spokesman Bill Keenist said.
An e-mail seeking comment was sent to Rogers on Tuesday night.
Losing Rogers will be a blow for the Lions, who are coming off their first win of the season. Detroit (1-5) plays Sunday on the road against the New York Jets (3-3).
Rogers has been selected to play in the Pro Bowl the past two seasons and is widely regarded as one of the NFL’s best defensive tackles. He had a career-high 5 1/2 sacks last year. In six games this season, Rogers had three sacks and 20 tackles.
Bizarre. One wonders what he took. Presumably, it’s some sort of nutritional supplement.
- Shawne Merriman Suspended for Steroids
- Donald Driver sets new Packer reception record as Green Bay beats Detroit 26-0
- QB Chain Reaction: Kitna Signs with Lions
- NFL Draft 2009 – Round 1 #1 – Detroit Lions – QB Matthew Stafford
- Detroit Lions release QB Drew Henson
- Lions Assistant Suspended for Nude, Drunk Driving
- Detroit Lions hire
SupermanJim Schwartz to be head coach
- Still waiting- Indianapolis beats NY Jets 30-17
- NY Giants and NY Jets both to open 2010 season at new Meadowlands
- Detroit lose 42-7 to New Orleans, go to 0-15
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed