John Clayton points out that, for all the rightful criticism of Drew Bledsoe and the offensive line, we’re missing just how poorly Terrell Owens has played this year:
One of the things that did help Bledsoe’s cause in keeping his starting job until the second half of Monday night’s 36-22 loss to the Giants was his completion percentage. Bledsoe completed only 53.3 percent of his 169 pass attempts. Part of his downfall was Terrell Owens. Even though Owens creates more single coverage for Terry Glenn and tight end Jason Witten, Bledsoe watched his average drop throwing the ball to T.O. Only 28 of the 56 attempts toward Owens were completed, according to Stats Inc., and only eight of those passes were considered bad throws. He had four drops, including two Monday night. He also slipped on a play against the Giants and was on the ground as the ball sailed by him. Owens keeps talking about how he’s always ready when his number is called, but his stats and play haven’t backed that up this season.
True. He’s a tremendous athlete and I expect he’ll return to form. But these are damning stats.
- Bledsoe Excited about Throwing to T.O.
- Terrell Owens Breaks Finger, Out 2-4 Weeks
- T.O. Implosion Happening in Dallas?
- Cowboys Lose Opener 17-24 to Jaguars
- Terrell Owens First Practice With Dallas Cowboys
- Cowboys Win Wild Game Despite Six Romo Turnovers
- Shuffle off to Buffalo- WR Terrell Owens has a new home
- T.O. with the Cowboys: What the Experts are Saying
- Terrell Owens Playing with Torn Tendon on Right Hand
- Terrell Owens Has Finger Surgery
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed