Former Dallas Cowboy and NFL rushing leader Emmitt Smith won this year’s “Dancing with the Stars” competition.
Emmitt Smith danced off with the mirror ball. The three-time Super Bowl champion, who proved to be as nimble on his feet in the ballroom as on the football field, was named the winner of ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” Wednesday night. With the victory came the glittering trophy.
The NFL’s all-time leading rusher beat out actor Mario Lopez. The hunky, dimpled Lopez was generally regarded as the series most dynamic celebrity dancer, but the public’s vote, the deciding factor after the contestants had tied in the judges’ tally at Tuesday’s final dance-off, brought Smith the victory.
“It is awesome! It is awesome!” declared Smith, after hugging his professional dance partner Cheryl Burke. “We came a long way, we really have.”
I don’t care a whit about these type of shows but am a huge Emmitt fan, so I’m happy he won. And this marks yet another victory over the San Francisco 49ers, as Jerry Rice managed to come in only second last year!
- Dallas Cowboys 100-Yard Rushers
- Pittsburgh Steeler DE Aaron Smith out for the season
- Lopez twins both turning pro
- Bob Knight Ties Adolph Rupp
- Rockies Sign Javy Lopez
- Tiger Woods accident story- Will it ever be reported right?
- QB Alex Smith to stay in San Francisco
- Goose: Larry Allen Should Retire
- Dallas Stars place Brad Richards on IR with fractured wrist
- Strikeouts for Troops
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed