Todd Archer compares Tony Romo’s fast start with those of other recent phenoms, Kurt Warner and Tom Brady.
In his first five starts, Tony Romo has energized the Cowboys much as Kurt Warner and Tom Brady did their teams in St. Louis and New England. Those quarterbacks won Super Bowls in their first season as starters. Here’s how their first five starts compared with Romo’s:
Kurt Warner, St. Louis, 1999
Result: Won Super Bowl XXXIV
Stats: 1,428 yards, 15 TDs, 3 INTs
Tom Brady, New England, 2001
Result: Won Super Bowl XXXVI
Stats: 1,023 yards, 7 TDs, 4 INTs
Tony Romo, Dallas, 2006
Stats: 1,394 yards, 10 TDs, 2 INTs
The numbers are quite comparable, indeed. The Cowboys trail only the San Diego Chargers in points scored, and that’s with Drew Bledsoe at the helm the first five and a half games. Romo’s Cowboys have a chance to be something special, like Warner’s Rams and Brady’s Pats. There’s still a lot of football to be played this year, though, before that happens.
- Tony Romo Better than Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach?
- Tony Romo the Next Tom Brady?
- Tony Sparano Secret to Cowboys’ Success?
- Tony Romo Cowboys’ New Starter Over Jerry Jones’ Objections
- Romo in 5th Place in Pro Bowl Balloting
- Romo Breaks Aikman TD Record – With 7 Games Left
- Drew Bledsoe Retires
- T.O. Dallas Cowboys MVP?
- Aikman Says Romo Best Cowboys QB Ever
- Tony Romo Ranking
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed