DENVER – With a blizzard blowing through town, the Denver Nuggets don’t expect Allen Iverson at Wednesday night’s game against Phoenix.
“Highly improbable to next to impossible,” said Mark Warkentien, Denver’s vice president of basketball operations.
But he wouldn’t rule it out.
“As we speak we’re exploring every alternative way,” Warkentien said. “Is there another airport that’s open within driving distance? Is there a military base that’s open? If there’s any way we can do it, we’re trying. But I don’t want to paint a picture that he’ll be here.”
With the Suns on a hot streak, they could have used Iverson. However, the weather is not under the Nuggets’ control.
Also, they make it sound like they are trying to get the President in for a vital summit meeting. “Check all the small airports! Military bases! AI MUST GET THROUGH!” I find that amusing, but in the end, this will delay Iverson’s arrival for one game: no one is going to remember this five years from now except the ESPN statisticians who are paid to pop up weird stats during games.
- Iverson Traded to Nuggets for Joe Smith and Two #1s
- Allen Iverson’s Denver Nuggets Debut
- Denver’s Top Five Current Athletes
- Miracle in Minneapolis- Timberwolves beat Suns 117-107
- Defense rests- Phoenix beats Minnesota 152-114
- Denver Nuggets’ Nene has testicular cancer
- Milwaukee Coach Scott Skiles hospitalized for an irregular heartbeat
- 76ers to Trade Allen Iverson
- Denver Nuggets won’t suspend J.R. Smith
- Shaquille O’Neal wants to be Orlando Magic GM
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed