LINCOLN, Neb. Â· Former Miami Dolphins fullback Andra Franklin died Wednesday in Lincoln of natural causes. He was 47.
Franklin’s body was found by police at his Lincoln apartment. He had heart problems and other health issues in recent years.
He was drafted in the second round by the Dolphins in 1981 and played for four years, starting in Super Bowl XVII against Washington. He is ninth on the team’s all-time rushing list with 2,232 yards and 22 touchdowns from 1981-84.
A knee injury forced him out of the league by the time he turned 26.
Franklin played at Nebraska from 1977-80, rushing for 1,738 yards and 10 touchdowns.
I remember Andra’s days with the Dolphins. How football has changed in 20 years. No Dolphin FB gets more than 5 carries a year now, alone become one of the team’s top rushers.
- One last time with feeling- Nebraska beats Kansas State 48-13
- Tampa Bay Buc FB Mike Alstott announces his retirement
- From worse to what?- 0-7 Miami Dolphins lose RB Ronnie Brown for rest of season
- San Diego Chargers release RB LaDainian Tomlinson
- NFL QB Daunte Culpepper announces his retirement
- Miami Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo out for the season
- Easy come Easy go- Ricky Williams out for the season
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers place RB Ernest Graham on Injured Reserve
- Daunte Culpepper placed on Injured Reserve
- Texans release QB David Carr
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed