Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor says the candidacy of his likely chief rival for NFL defensive player of the year, Shawne Merriman, was tainted by a four-game steroid suspension in November.
“You really shouldn’t be able to fail a test like that and play in this league, to begin with,” Taylor said Wednesday. “To make the Pro Bowl and all the other awards, I think you’re walking a fine line of sending the wrong message.”
I can’t say as I disagree. However, since Taylor is Merriman’s primary competition for Defensive Player of the Year, this strikes me an an inappropriate thing for Taylor himself to be saying at this point.
Cross-posted at PoliBlog Deportes.
- Pro Bowl Rosters Announced
- Shawne Merriman Suspended for Steroids
- Parcells has Hope
- NFL 2006 Season Blogger Predictions
- So Much for the CFL Experiment
- Declawed- Tiger Woods win streak ends at seven
- Jason Taylor re-signs with the Miami Dolphins
- San Diego Charger LB Shawne Merriman charged with battery
- Landis Wins the Tour
- Jason Taylor and The Miami Dolphins- The end of the road?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- PoliBlog’s Deportes: A PoliBlog Sideblog linked with Taylor Comments on Merrimanâ€™s Steroid Use
Comments are Closed