Tacked at the end of a story about how Terrell Owens may or may not have spit on Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall last night:
Almost lost in the incident was the fact he will have to undergo surgery on his right ring finger after the season to repair a torn tendon. Owens said he tore the tendon a month ago and decided three weeks ago against having the surgery.
Owens would have been lost for the season if he’d had the surgery. Owens elected to play with the finger taped up. “That was a big decision, a real decision, nothing iffy about it,” owner/general manager Jerry Jones said. “Every expert we had said if he never got it fixed, he would never use it again, in terms of bending the end of the finger. He stayed with the team.”
For the last few weeks, Owens has practiced and played with the finger taped. And during his birthday party on Dec. 4, Owens partied with his finger taped.
This might explain all the dropped balls this year.
- T.O. Having Second Surgery on Finger
- Terrell Owens Has Finger Surgery
- Terrell Owens Breaks Finger, Out 2-4 Weeks
- Cowboys Hire Wilson and Read to Coaching Staff
- Padres Sign Marine Who Lost Finger in Iraq
- Norv Turner ‘No Hard Feelings’ About Cowboys Job
- QB Brady Quinn out for the year with a broken finger
- Has Jerry Jones Learned His Lesson?
- Cowboys Sign T.O. to 3 Year Extension
- Greg Ellis Fears Spencer Pick Means Cowboys Days Over
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed