Michelle has been named honorary ambassador in the ROK’s bid to host the Winter Olympics in 8 years.
Teenage golf star Michelle Wie is to become an honorary ambassador for the 2014 Winter Olympics bid of South Korean ski resort Pyeongchang.
The 17-year-old, who has had finished third in two majors to date, grew up in Hawaii but has Korean parents.
“I’m proud of my Korean heritage and also a big fan of winter sports,” said the American.
“If the 2014 Winter Games are held in Pyeongchang I’m sure they will be a fantastic and memorable experience.”
Pyeongchang narrowly lost out to Vancouver in the race to host the 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympics.
It will learn its fate on 4 July 2007 when the International Olympic Committee will choose between Pyeongchang, Salzburg in Austria and Sochi in Russia.
I’d vote for Salzburg myself. I’ve been to both countries and I’ll take Wiener Schnitzel over Kimchi any day.(Note my wife is Asian) Besides, has anyone consulted Kim Jong-IL about his plans for Korea in 2014?
I didn’t think so.
- 2016 Summer Olympic Games could be the last, says Tokyo governor
- Kings European Tour Expansion
- North Korea blames South for lack of progress on joint Olympic team
- IOC recommends Golf and Rugby for 2016 games
- IOC strips Marion Jones of 5 medals
- 2010 Olympic venue closed due to heavy rains
- China, Amnesty International and the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Kim Yu-na wins Women’s figure skating gold medal
- Olympic Medalist skiier Jimmie Heuga dead at 68
- Greece Olympic committee acknowledges poor judgment in case of torchbearer
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- North Korea blames South for lack of progress on joint Olympic team linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed