SI’s Peter King:
Let’s put all of the Charlie Weis-to-the-NFL possibilities to bed, shall we? I’ve got the real number it would take to buy him out of his contract, which has nine years left to run at Notre Dame. That figure plus the fact that he doesn’t want to leave should take him out of the NFL pool for the foreseeable future.
The rock-solid, no-exceptions buyout number for Weis from Notre Dame: $21 million.
Even Jerry Jones might balk at that figure.
Hat tip: Commenter Joe on this post.
- Notre Dame fires coach Charlie Weis
- Notre Dame keeps Coach Charlie Weis
- Mother of Boy Who Called Notre Dame Play Dies
- Navy beats Notre Dame in triple overtime
- Ship wreck- Navy beats Notre Dame 23-21
- Hawaii reaches financial agreement with former football coach
- UCF ties up O’Leary through 2015
- Report: Big Ten Makes Expansion Offers To Four Colleges
- Greg Ellis Fears Spencer Pick Means Cowboys Days Over
- Pacman Jones Officially a Dallas Cowboy
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed