Nick Eatman has an interesting report from Valley Ranch on the hiring process Jerry Jones is using to replace Bill Parcells and other vacancies on the staff. There are many interesting names on the list, including former Cowboys backup quarterback Jason Garrett.
What’s worrisome, however, is that it appears Jones may hire a new offensive and defensive coordinators before bringing in a head coach. Eatman describes secondary coach Todd Bowles as “one of the leading candidates for the Cowboys’ defensive coordinator position” and thinks Garrett could be offered the offensive coordinator position, possibly as a placeholder until he is picked as the head coach.
Bowles and Garrett may well be outstanding choices. But it makes no sense to pick the staff until the head man is in place. The head coach should have absolute authority in hiring the people who will work for him. If, for example, Mike Martz is hired, he may well want to be his own offensive coordinator.
- Jason Garrett Alabama’s New Offensive Coordinator?
- Cowboys Finalizing Coaching Staff
- Cowboys to Interview Bears’ Rivera, Colts’ Caldwell
- Cowboys to Interview Rivera, Caldwell Not Interested?
- Wade Phillips Gets to Work on Assembling Staff
- Jason Garrett a Wanted Man
- Cowboy Coaching Search
- Cowboys Coaching Staff: Back to the Future
- Wade Phillips Still in Running for the Cowboys Job
- Norv Turner ‘Leading Candidate’ for Cowboys Job
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed