The facetious “Cowboys Head Coaching List” just had one name removed, Jeff Fisher.
Take Jeff Fisher’s name out of the speculation on who might replace Bill Parcells with the Dallas Cowboys.
The Tennessee Titans have Fisher under contract for 2007 after owner Bud Adams picked up an option on his coach, and the team is working on a long-term extension.
“We haven’t been contacted by Dallas,” chief executive officer Steve Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. “In the event that we were, there are no circumstances that we would grant permission to the Cowboys to speak with Coach Fisher.”
With the resignation of Bill Cowher from Pittsburgh on Jan. 5, Fisher is the NFL’s longest tenured coach with one team. He has spent 12 full seasons with the Titans, a tenure that started with six games in 1994 coaching the then-Houston Oilers with a 110-97 record.
Everyone thought this was a long shot when the rumor first arose as Jeff Fisher is currently one of the longest tenured coach in the NFL and has enjoyed great success from Tennessee and the Titans organization.
The question is being raised though, who will be the Cowboys next head coach?
- Extending Billick
- Cowher to Resign TODAY
- Tennessee Punter kicks into HD Screen over Cowboys stadium
- Cowboys Hire Ray Sherman, John Garrett
- Bill Parcells Retires With Job Undone
- Air Force Coach Fisher DeBerry Retires
- Jimbo Fisher FSU’s New Offensive Coordinator
- Cowher to Decide Future Monday?
- Cowboys Interviewing Mike Singletary
- Cowboys Put 45-14 Whooping on Titans
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed