The Dallas Cowboys will interviewing Mike Singletary for their head coaching vacancy, making him the eight since Bill Parcells retired a week ago.
San Francisco assistant head coach/defense Mike Singletary will interview for the Cowboys head coaching job. Itâ€™s the second time this off-season that Singletary has interviewed for a head coaching job. He also interviewed for the Atlanta Falcons job.
Singletary just completed his second season with the 49ers and his first as assistant head coach/defense. Singletary was promoted to the job after serving one season as the assistant head coach/linebackers. Before joining the 49ers, Singletary was the inside linebackers coach with the Baltimore Ravens.
Singletary was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1998 after an outstanding career with the Chicago Bears from 1981 to ’92. A former second round pick out of Baylor, Singletary was selected to a team-record 10 consecutive Pro Bowls.
San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Norv Turner is scheduled to speak with Jones at some point later this afternoon on the phone. He interviewed with the Cowboys on Sunday, and returned to northern California that evening. He appears to remain the lead candidate.
It continues to appear Turner is the odds-on favorite for the job, making looking at Singletary after concluding the Turner interview seem odd. And, if Jones is willing to hire a guy with only a couple years of coaching experience, Jason Garrett would seem the more obvious choice.
There’s some interesting speculation on the Dallas Cowboys Blog that Turner would love to bring Singletary in as his defensive coordinator. I’m not sure what his contract status is with the 49ers, though. If he’s under contract, they’re under no obligation to release him and, frankly, they’d be very unlikely to want to ship both coordinators off to Dallas.
- Cowboys to Interview Bears’ Rivera, Colts’ Caldwell
- Cowboys Finalizing Coaching Staff
- Cowboys Won’t Name Coach Until After Super Bowl
- Chargers Hire Norv Turner as Head Coach
- Norv Turner ‘No Hard Feelings’ About Cowboys Job
- Cowboys to Interview Rivera, Caldwell Not Interested?
- Wade Phillips Still in Running for the Cowboys Job
- Norv Turner ‘Leading Candidate’ for Cowboys Job
- San Francisco 49ers fire coach Mike Nolan
- Wade Phillips Hired as Dallas Cowboys Head Coach
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed