The other big name involved in the league is Dan Kurtzer, formerly U.S. Ambassador to Egypt and Israel (as well as Dean of students at Yeshiva University.)
The Israel Baseball League website has links to a number of background articles about its founding. There’s also a Bible and baseball contest that allows entrants to win souveneir prizes from the league. (It would not be enough to submit “In the big inning …” as an entry.)
One of the rotating links at the side of the website brings you to Jewish Major Leaguers, that, among other things, has produced a set of baseball cards of Jewish ballplayers.
I guess I’ll have to root for my brother’s home team Bet Shemesh Blue Sox.
Crossposted at Soccer Dad.
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed