In the most bizarre sports story of the day, Los Angeles Laker Kwame Brown took a manâ€™s cake and threw it at him:
A man walking down the street at bar-closing time with a $190 cake in his arms claimed Los Angeles Lakers center Kwame Brown swiped his birthday treat.
But authorities said the cake caper won’t be prosecuted.
In a police report, Alexander Martinez said he left his 30th birthday celebration at the Shore Restaurant and Lounge at about 1:45 a.m. Saturday with the uneaten 2-by-2-foot cake and walked north toward the Blue 32 nightclub.
Martinez told police he first came upon Lakers forward Ronny Turiaf, who he said agreed to pose for a photograph with him and the chocolate cake.
But outside of Blue 32, the 6-foot-11, 270-pound Brown came along, grabbed the cake and threw it at Martinez, according to the report. Brown got into a white limousine and left, Martinez claimed in the report, although he didn’t suggest any reason for the cake toss.
Martinez reported that he then walked up to Lamar Odom as the Lakers forward left Pedone’s Pizza and confronted him about the cake, which was splattered on the birthday man’s back.
A man believed to be Odom’s bodyguard pushed Martinez into the street, yelling at him to get away from Odom, the police report said.
“Calm down, he didn’t do anything,” Odom told the man believed to be his bodyguard, the report said.
This goes along with the general belief that nothing good happens at 2 AM. Good thing Odom was a cooler head in the situation. Of course this isnâ€™t the first bizarre thing Kwame has done. While playing for the Washington Wizards he would carry a bottle of French dressing to dinner after the upsetting discovery that French dressing wasnâ€™t available at a French Restaurant.
The most important question is why would Kwame would do that, but also why was a 30 year old man carrying a cake at 2 AM in Hermosa Beach. Also don’t these guys have practice? I know AI wasn’t involved so they should be there and well rested, in theory. Just another reason why I love the NBA.
- Kevin Garnett to the Lakers
- On top- LA Lakers beat Charlotte 99-97
- Former Junior Middleweight Champion Vernon Forrest dead at 38
- Pedro Martinez to miss 4-6 weeks with hamstring pull
- Harness Driver Dave Palone celebrates birthday by driving 7 winnners
- Yao Ming out for the rest of the season with broken foot
- Formula One star Lewis Hamilton banned from driving in France
- Knicks Might Fire Larry Brown
- Landis May Keep Tour De France Title
- Miami Dolphin RB Ronnie Brown to miss Carolina game
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed