No it’s not for NFL Europe either, its an actual regular season NFL game to be played at Wembley Stadium in London:
The BBC understands the match will be played at the new Wembley, and that it will be a home game for Miami Dolphins, probably against the New York Giants.
London secured the match ahead of four German cities while Wembley fought off opposition from Twickenham.
It will be played in its own time slot – around 1800 in London, rather than as part of the normal weekly group of matches – and its location will be highlighted with pictures of London landmarks such as Big Ben and Trafalgar Sqyuare throughout the boradcast.
The NFL hopes perhaps double the 60m who watch an average match will tune in for this special occasion.
Securing the game is a coup for London – Toronto and Mexico City were keen to stage it, as well as Berlin, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf and Hamburg in Germany.
The date and time are expected to be revealed some time after February 2nd.
- Saints and Chargers to play 2008 regular season NFL game in London
- Miami Dolphins and New York Giants to play game in London
- NE Patriots and TB Buccaneers to play in London in ’09
- Goodell sees more NFL games in England
- NFL returning to Britain in 2008
- Davis Cup match to be played in empty arena
- Is the 17th at Trump International unfair?
- Serena Williams wins the Australian Open
- Yao Ming out for the rest of the season with broken foot
- Toronto Maple Leafs trade Goalie Justin Pogge to Anaheim
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed