Mario Danelo, USC’s kicker, was found dead today at the foot of a cliff, ESPN reports.
Danelo’s body was found at the bottom of White Point Cliff in San Pedro, according for a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department. Police did not release further details.
Danelo, a redshirt junior, walked on with the Trojans in 2003 and earned a scholarship in 2005, according to the USC athletic department’s Web site. He was 15-for-16 on field goals this season and made 44 of 48 PATs, leading the team in scoring with 89 points.
Danelo is the son of former NFL kicker Joe Danelo.
Horrible news. The cause of death is not known at this time.
- Danelo’s Brother: “I don’t believe that’s what happened.”
- Former NFL QB Steve McNair dead at 36
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 5 #172 – Dallas Cowboys – K David Buehler
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers release K Mike Nugent
- Falcons Sign 46-Year-Old Morten Andersen
- Cardinals’ Tony La Russa arrested on DUI charge
- Mike Vanderjagt, Idiot Kicker, Key to Cowboys’ Hopes
- Police cite Steelers kicker Jeff Reed for towel tantrum
- Atlanta Falcons release kicker Jason Elam
- New Orleans Saints waive K John Carney
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed