Len Pasquarelli reports that Mark Brunell’s future with the Reskins is “uncertain” now that he needs shoulder surgery.
Veteran quarterback Mark Brunell could miss the Washington Redskins’ entire offseason program, and might not be ready until training camp in July, following Monday surgery to repair labrum damage to his throwing shoulder.
The question of Brunell’s availability in the offseason, coupled with his scheduled base salary of $5.2 million for 2007, leaves his future with the Redskins uncertain. The 14-year veteran lost his starting job to Jason Campbell at midseason, and the youngster will go to camp No. 1 on the depth chart, meaning that Brunell will almost certainly be asked to rework his contract.
I would think Brunell’s future with the Redskins was uncertain even if he were completely healthy. Who wants a backup quarterback with a starter’s salary, let alone one who will turn 37 the first month of the season? At the right price, Brunell might be attractive on another team but doesn’t make much sense to keep him on a team rebuilding under a young quarterback.
- Redskins Shake-up Likely in Off-Season
- Eight Million Dollar mistake- Cincinnati Bengals cut WR Antonio Bryant
- SF 49ers QB Alex Smith has broken shoulder, probably out for 2008
- Washington Redskins release DE Jason Taylor
- Redskins’ Campbell Has Romo Envy
- QB Chain Reaction: Kitna Signs with Lions
- Surgery on Hold; Benson to Rehab his Shoulder
- Chad Pennington Named Jets No. 1 QB
- Albert Haynesworth gets 7-yr, $100M deal from Washington Redskins
- Mark Prior: Cubs Tease
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed