Jean-Jacques Taylor says Bill Parcells should decide today that he is coming back for another year as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys or owner Jerry Jones should fire him and get on with it.
The Senior Bowl practices begin next week. That’s when teams really start the process of evaluating potential draft picks. For now, the Cowboys will head to the Senior Bowl not knowing whether they need players who fit Parcells’ schemes or some other coach’s.
At this rate, if Parcells does quit, the Cowboys will be selecting the seventh coach in franchise history from a group of left-over candidates instead of having their choice.
And we haven’t even discussed how Parcells’ indecision affects the current staff. Zimmer and David Lee already have left. Bruce DeHaven is talking to Seattle. Soon, running backs coach Anthony Lynn will be contractually free to negotiate with other teams.
No matter what you think about them, it’s not easy putting a staff together these days because of the NFL’s strict rules governing assistants under contract. The idea is to put together a staff that you have carefully selected â€“ not a group of guys who are available because they weren’t retained by someone else.
This has gone on long enough. It’s time for Jerry to demand an answer.
I’m inclined to agree.
Frankly, Parcells’ tenure with the Cowboys has been a bust. He has bought most of the groceries and, given the price he’s paid for them, they aren’t very good. And the prima donna act is getting very, very old considering that the team hasn’t managed to win a single playoff game in the four years he’s been here. Meanwhile, his former offensive coordinator, Sean Payton, has the former laughing stock Saints in the NFC Championship game his first season, using a lot of players cut by his old boss.
Parcells hasn’t earned the right to come back, let alone put the team’s future in jeopardy while he mulls it over.
- Coach Parcells Speaks!
- Parcells has Hope
- Has Jerry Jones Learned His Lesson?
- Norv Turner ‘Leading Candidate’ for Cowboys Job
- Bill Parcells Retires With Job Undone
- Cowboys Coaching Search: Hiring Staff Before Head Coach?
- Bill Parcells Missing in Action?
- Cowboys’ Jeff Ireland New Dolphins GM
- Reeves: Cowboys Should Make Play for Culpepper
- What Keeps Bill Parcells Awake at Night
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed