Nick Cafardo reports about his experience at the Red Sox Rookie Camp
As Sox farm director Mike Hazen explained the camp is for players within 18 months of the big leagues. So you really got to see the best of the best.
There were guys there like center-fielder Dave Murphy, Craig Hansen, Dave Pauley and Kason Gabbard, who have major league experience. But you also caught a glimpse of top pitching prospect Clay Buchholz, catcher George Kottaras, who looks likes a young Gregg Zaun, center field prospect Jacoby Ellsbury and big, thick reliever Edgar Martinez to name a few.
Some of the guys are top prospects (Hansen, Bucholz, Ellsbury, and Martinez) who hopefully will be here within the scheduled 18 months. It seems like many MLB teams love the power arms in the late stages of the game, and Hansen, Bucholz, and Martinez fit the description perfectly.
Hopefully one of these guys is ready a bit sooner than 18 months (like NOW) to assume the closer role since we do not have one. And no I do not consider Joel Pineiro a realistic option, but I can hope.
- Red Sox Talking to Rockies about Helton
- Santana dealt to the Mets
- Ryan Klesko retiring from MLB after 16-year career
- Seems like old times- Boston Red Sox beat Tampa 3-1
- Lakersâ€™ Brown in Cake Caper
- Todd Helton tries to force a Red Sox trade
- Red Sox Offseason Progress – Bullpen
- Pirates get LaRoche from Braves
- Pedro Martinez to miss 4-6 weeks with hamstring pull
- Braves Deal Shortstop Edgar Renteria to Tigers
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed