With the recent hiring of Ken Whisenhunt by the Arizona Cardinals (and many Steeler fans heaving a sigh of relief after a mediocre year of offense), the franchise announced their three finalists.
Looks like the next Steeler head coach will be either Russ Grimm, Steelers o-line coach, Mike Tomlin, defensive coordinator of the Vikings, or Ron Rivera, defensive coordinator of the Bears.
Whisenhunt was the only choice that made me nervous. He strikes me as similar to Mike Mularkey – a decent offensive signal caller, but not able to run a whole team. Also, I don’t trust Cowher o-coordinators as a rule, because they tend to call weird plays that fail spectacularly.
The o-line has usually been good, this year being an exception – and I don’t know how much that has to do with the coach. The Vikings defense isn’t bad, and the Bears defense has been exceptional over the past two years. So I’d say all three would be good picks, and really don’t have a preference. In this coaching market, these choices seem to be the best ones.
- Where There’s Smoke, There is Fire – Steelers hire Tomlin as new Head Coach
- Mike Tomlin NOT Hired as Next Steelers Head Coach Tonight
- Whisenhunt Next Steelers Headcoach?
- Roethlisberger Has Short Memory
- Reaction to the Tomlin Hire
- Cowboys to Interview Bears’ Rivera, Colts’ Caldwell
- Steelers Want Bill Cowher Decision TODAY
- Giants 2007 Potential Head Coaches
- Did Rivera Fail His Cowboys Audition?
- Bettis Thinks Cowher Is Done After This Year
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed