The Steelers have informed Mike Tomlin, the Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator, that he will be their next head coach. The team plans a news conference to announce his hiring.
The sides were negotiating a contract tonight for four years and an option year.
As the article says, this continues the Steelers hiring trend of picking young assistant coaches to take over their head coaching vacancies – at least, as much of a trend as the Steelers can have, really. It is going to be really strange to see someone other than Cowher coaching this team – and especially someone like Tomlin, who has no physical similarities to Cowher whatsoever. I wish him the best in continuing the Steeler tradition of having true, lengthy coaching eras.
- Mike Tomlin NOT Hired as Next Steelers Head Coach Tonight
- Cowher to Decide Future Monday?
- Steelers Finalist List
- Reaction to the Tomlin Hire
- Steelers Want Bill Cowher Decision TODAY
- Cowher Promises Decision on Steelers Future Soon
- Ottawa Senators select Craig Hartsburg as new coach
- Buffalo Bills hire Chan Gailey as head coach
- Stealing Strange Steelers Stuff
- Cowboys Coaching Search: Hiring Staff Before Head Coach?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed