I am surprised any city wants an NBA team, especially after this weekendâ€™s All-Star Game:
Violence marred post-NBA All-Star Game partying as shootings left three people in critical condition and stamped an ugly footnote on what should have been a time of celebration.
Police arrested 362 people during the All-Star Game weekend as scattered fights broke out along the main casino strip early Monday even though police had braced themselves for the post-celebratory mayhem.
Police also had extra officers to control rowdy crowds at the Las Vegas airport where thousands of weary NBA fans missed their flights Monday.
Montoya said four people were shot in two separate shootings and a manhunt was on for one of the gunmen who shot three people outside the Minxx nightclub.
A manager, security guard and female customer were all in critical condition Monday, he said.
Another man was shot in the hip at 4 a.m. in the front entrance of the luxury MGM Grand Hotel and Casino early Monday. It was followed by a brawl less than half an hour later in a club at the Wynn hotel.
Montoya said even though the Minxx victims were shot outside in the parking lot, police believe the shooter had the gun inside the club earlier in the evening.
You can hardly make it a week without an NBA player having some run in with the cops. Itâ€™s a joke on most sports stations about NBA players canâ€™t act like gentlemen and the Gentlemenâ€™s Club or how they canâ€™t go anywhere with out their guns. Itâ€™s so bad David Stern is more of a baby sitter than a Commissioner, his job consist of telling grown men to watch their language, dress nice and leave their guns at home. Now its not to say that the NBA is the only league with player problems (just look at the Cincinnati Bengals), but the NBA markets its players so when those players screw up it hurts the league marketing image. The NBA needs to get smart and tough, to save its image while it still can.
Oh and Kobe was the MVP.
- Washington Redskins Safety Sean Taylor shot at home
- Pacers’ Jackson fires gun at strip club
- NBA All-Star Game Bad For Business
- Five Duquesne Basketball Players Shot
- North Carolina Student Mascot Dies
- Jason Ray, Tarheel Mascott, Dies from Injuries
- Chris Simms has spleen removed
- And if you think Randy Moss is screwed up . . .
- Puckett in Critical Condition after Stroke
- Jacksonville Jaguar OT Richard Collier shot
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed