The Cowboys have signed up their Aussie punter to a long term deal.
Even though the Dallas Cowboys usually don’t like to give big deals to kickers, they made a big exception on Wednesday by reaching an agreement on a five-year, $8.5 million contract with punter Mat McBriar.
McBriar, scheduled to become a restricted free agent, was too good to let go even though the experiment to pay place kicker Mike Vanderjagt didn’t work out last season. McBriar was the NFC’s Pro Bowl punter this season, averaging 48.2 yards per punt with a 38.6 net. He placed 22 kicks inside the 20 yard line and had a long punt of 75 yards.
His deal makes him the league’s highest-paid punter. Along with that, he received a $2.5 million signing bonus.
It’s a lot of money to pay for a punter but McBriar is among the very best and should still be on the upswing. I think it always makes sense to do whatever you can to keep your own good, young players.
- Gurode 7th Cowboy for Pro Bowl
- Dallas Cowboys Draft Kicker Nick Folk
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 6 #3- Tampa Bay- P Brent Bowden
- Jason Witten in Pro Bowl, Replaces Jeremy Shockey
- Mat McBriar on Steve Irwin’s Death
- Cowboys Cut Mike Vanderjagt
- Cowboys Punter McBriar On Record Pace
- Frost bitten- GB Packers to cut underperforming punter
- Cardinals Sign RB Edgerrin James
- Cowboys Trade Fasano and Ayodele to Dolphins for 4th
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed