ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that the Cowboys will interview Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera this afternoon but the Colts’ QB coach Jim Caldwell is likely not interested.
A source close to the Chicago Bears said that Rivera is on his way to Dallas (barring weather issues, because it is snowing in Chicago right now) and is intending to interview with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones Tuesday afternoon.
Also, The Colts have received the paperwork from the Cowboys, requesting permission to interview Colts assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell. Permission has been granted, but there is no timetable as to when Caldwell will interview with the Cowboys.
A Colts source said that Caldwell would be unlikely to accept a position in Dallas, with Jason Garrett already hired to lead the offensive coaching staff, because Caldwell has no experience coaching with him.
Caldwell would be a fool to turn down a chance to be head coach of a playoff team over this issue, considering how respected Garrett is with such a wide array of coaches. Still, this kind of thing is why many were not happy with Jones hiring members of the staff before landing a head coach.
- Cowboys to Interview Bears’ Rivera, Colts’ Caldwell
- Cowboys Won’t Name Coach Until After Super Bowl
- Cowboys Interviewing Mike Singletary
- Jason Garrett a Wanted Man
- Wade Phillips Still in Running for the Cowboys Job
- Did Rivera Fail His Cowboys Audition?
- Tony Sparano Plays Waiting Game
- Indianapolis Colts name Jim Caldwell head coach
- Cowboys Interview Caldwell
- Cowboys Coaching Search: Hiring Staff Before Head Coach?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed