Yesterday evening, the Phillies announced that they avoided two years of arbitration and one year of free agency by signing Brett Myers to a three year, $25.75 million deal.
Myers will turn 27 towards the end of the 2007 season, so he is still considered relatively young and for the past two seasons his ERA has been approximately 20% above the league average while among the league leaders in strikeouts.
The deal is not without risk for the Phillies however, as Myers had a well-publicized run-in with the Boston police in June. All reports indicate that Myers has his home-life in order, but this history may be one reason why the deal is only for three years.
- Pittsnogle signed by Boston Celtics
- Roy Halladay Pitches 20th Perfect Game In MLB History
- Utley agrees to seven-year, $85M extension
- Manuel puts Myers in Pen
- Former MLB Manager Danny Ozark dead at 85
- Phillies 10,000th Loss Most in Professional Sports History
- Philadelphia Phillies sign IF Placido Polanco
- NJ Nets Sean Williams arrested for trespassing
- The road to 10,000
- Cincinnati Bengal WR Chris Henry dead at age 26
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed