Albert Pujols has become a U.S. Citizen and he apparently prepared for the test like it was a World Series Game:
The St. Louis Cardinals’ star became a U.S. citizen Wednesday during a ceremony at the Eagleton Courthouse. Pujols’ wife, Deidre, arranged to have about two dozen relatives and friends watch U.S. District Judge E. Richard Webber swear in Pujols.
Chester Moyer, the officer in charge of the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service office in St. Louis, said Thursday that Deidre Pujols served as her husband’s tutor. Moyer said the 27-year-old Pujols spent about a year preparing for the citizenship exam.
“He even answered a bunch of additional questions and gave us more answers than we asked,” Moyer said. “He clenched his fist and said, ‘I got 100 percent!’
“He just had a grin from ear to ear,” Moyer said. “He was thrilled to become a citizen.”
Its no surprise given to competitive nature of many athletes, but it is always nice to see a story of who really values becoming a citizen and takes it seriously.
- Philadelphia Phillie Lefty Jamie Moyer wins his 250th game
- Philadelphia Phillie Jamie Moyer hospitalized with blood infection
- St. Louis Manager Tony LaRussa gets to 2,500 career wins
- The Wicked Witch is dead- Florida Marlins finally beat Jamie Moyer
- Albert Pujols Aces Babe Ruth Tests
- St. Louis Blues Defensemen injured in golf cart accident
- Pujols Maybe Out Six Weeks
- Albert Pujols sets new record for 1st basebman assists.
- NHL Goalie suffers hip injury after tripping on carpet for Sarah Palin
- Hall of Famer Pitcher Robin Roberts dead at 83
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed