Leslie Epstein, the father of Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein, says he was only joking in an e-mail in which he said his sonâ€™s hush-hush wedding to Marie Whitney earlier this month took place at a Coney Island hot dog stand. The wedding stands. The franks? That was meant, he said, to be funny.
Leslie Epstein, who heads the creative writing department at Boston University, was apologetic, saying that he is a practical joker and comes from a family of the same.
â€˜â€˜But the idea of Theo at Nathanâ€™s? (Thatâ€™s his middle name, of course.)
â€˜â€˜Neither Theo or Marie has ever been to Coney Island as far as I know, or has ever tasted a Nathanâ€™s Famous (though I have — perfectly delicious), and Rabbi Schnitzlebaum slept undisturbed all day long. In short, not a word of it was meant to be taken seriously.â€™â€™
Theo still did it his way, but not the way we originally thought.
- Theo Epstein is a Married Man
- Helton, Red Sox Deal is dead
- Arrest Warrant Out for Jeff Allison
- Clem Labine
- The Red Sox Closer Search
- Theo Bell, Former Steeler WR, Dies at 52
- Rope-a-Dope Confirmed?
- Major League Shortstop Nomar Garciaparra retires
- Tim Hardaway to do ESPN special
- Florida Gators fire Carolyn Peck
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed