Bevo Sports reports: Vince Young to the Pro Bowl.
Yet more salt in the wounds of Houston Texan fans, I guess.
At any rate, VY is getting in because Philip Rivers is hurt and is bowing out and Steve McNair declined the invitation to allow Vince the slot (so reports Scout.com):
The protege is going to the Pro Bowl because of his mentor. Tennessee Titans rookie quarterback Vince Young has been named to the AFC Pro Bowl squad as an alternate because Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair, his close friend, opted to let the rookie go in his place.
McNair was the second alternate quarterback up, but contacted Young, the third alternate, and decided to pass up his fourth Pro Bowl appearance.
The NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year takes injured San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers’ spot after Tom Brady decided to withdraw to play in the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am golf tournament.
Granted, it took Rivers’ injury, Brady’s withdrawal and McNair’s graciousness to get Vince to Hawaii, but it’s still pretty cool for a rookie who only started part of the season.
[Cross-posted to PoliBlogâ€™s Deportes]
- Chargers Looking Good in Manning Trade
- Philip Rivers played on knee with ACL ‘totally gone’
- Philip Rivers Era Begins in San Diego
- Chargers Fire Marty Schottenheimer After 14-2 Season
- Brady Quinn a Safe Pick
- Former NFL QB Steve McNair dead at 36
- 2006 Pro Bowl Snubs
- Chargers Close to Deal for Titans QB Volek
- Vince Young NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year
- Titans Trade Steve McNair to Ravens
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed